Today was off. It started out a little off and carried through the whole day. My mind wasn't working or something. Actually, I think it was because Thursday is no electronics day. The kids went a little nutty not being able to watch any TV, but also not being able to play with their new toys. I guess I need no electronics Thursday as badly as they do, because all I could think about the whole day was sitting down to watch Gilmore Girls. Pretty sad, I know.
Around 2:00 Tommy went to Cub Scout day camp. The other kids and I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up a few things for Girl's Day Camp. Then we headed across the street to Costco to pick up a few more GDC items and a couple of groceries. We were there for about an hour and a half. The kids were great, and Amelia slept the whole time. I let them have some samples, which I usually don't do. When we finally came to the checkout with my cart over flowing with merchandise I reached into my pocket and found that I did not have my debit card. Costco doesn't take credit cards. Only checks, cash, or bank cards. I usually only have my credit card on me. We use it to earn sky miles. So the lady told me I could use the ATM and take out some cash. I almost did, but I realized that the credit card company charges much higher fees to take out cash. I took the kids and we started to leave. Then Alexis reminded me that we didn't have our clipboard with our entire GDC supply list. We had to go back in and look for it. Luckily it was just by the books. As we headed out the second time a woman who I'm sure I should have known, and slightly recognized started talking to me. I am sure I should have know who she was. She really knew us, and there was no mistaking me for someone else because I did have all the kids. I talked to here like I knew who she was and tried not to let on that I couldn't place her. She has to be a mom from the school, I don't go very many places.
When we came home I was drained, so Alexis volunteered to make dinner. She made french toast with plenty of syrup and powdered sugar on top. I am grateful for her and her willingness to help, and her ability to help. She is a great daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment