Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday

Today I held my kids close, and hugged and kissed them.  I looked at them and was so thankful that I knew they were safe and sound.  I was happy to be a home school family for the moment.  I don't home school to protect my kids from the world, but it is a nice benefit when things like this happen.  Though, if we were in public school this year, I would have driven down and picked them up just to have them near.

I can't believe the way things went today.  I can't begin to imagine what was going through that monster's mind when he committed this horrible act.  I try not to think about those babies that were terrified, and probably wondering where their moms were, and why no one was stopping this bad man.  I like to believe that the teachers were protecting them the best way they could for the short time they could. I like to believe that our Father in Heaven was there comforting them, and helping them into the next life.  My thoughts are with the mothers tonight.  A part of them has been taken away.  I'm sure they are questioning God.  I'm sure they are in shock and in denial.  I'm sure they are angry.  I'm sure they are sad.  I am so sad that they will never be able to hold those sweet kids again, until the next life.  I am so grateful for the blessing of a temple marriage.  I'm grateful for the knowledge that my family will be together forever; that if something like this were to happen to any of my children, I would see them again.  That's not to say that I wouldn't be devastated.  It doesn't mean that I wouldn't miss seeing them grow-up, and have families of their own.  My kids are my life, and I don't know what I would be without them.

Today was went for Alexis and Amy's well checks.  The look great!  All of the kids had flu shots except for Amy and Burke.  They were able to have the flu mist in October.  Tonight we played Harry Potter Scene It, and had hot chocolate.  Tommy finished the Harry Potter series. Michael has a stye.  Amelia's so close to really crawling.  Amy is spreading sunshine by being a snow fairy.  Burke wanted to have his eyes covered the entire time we played Harry Potter.  Alexis' arms hurt from, all of her immunizations.

Tomorrow is Alexis' brunch.  I'm going to run on the mountain.  We were going to go to a Christmas party but it was canceled.

No comments: